Duty Manager Airport Operations
About Marius Loghin:
I am a highly motivated and flexible Aviation professional. Adept in working under pressure to achieve on time performance. Experienced in operations within the UAE and Singapore and accustomed to working with and leading individuals of all cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. I am a team player who believes in motivating and empowering colleagues and staff.
Airport Operations Officer/Duty Manager – Emirates Airlines
November 2021 – Present, London Gatwick International Airport
- Plan, organise and control all aspects of the overall operation including effective co-ordination of all internal and external departments such as Handling Agents, caterers, other airlines, and various authorities at the airport, to ensure customers are provided with a high level of service.
- Manage and supervise staff on duty ensuring that the relevant areas of the operation are fully covered and assume responsibility for running of the Station during the absences of the Airport Services Manager.
- Analyse anticipated operational problems such as overbookings, adverse weather conditions, delays, cancellation of flights, crew flight time limitations etc., undertaking necessary remedial action to ensure disruptions are minimised and the customer service levels are not impacted.
- Assist the Airport Services Manager in preparing and maintaining the staff duty roster and in preparing the staff annual leave plan as necessary and ensure staffing levels are optimised.
- Undertake various administrative duties delegated by Airport Services Manager including attending various meetings as directed and ensure Emirates interests/requirements are appropriately represented at such meetings.
- Undertake projects in relation to operational standards and procedures thereby improving efficiency and quality of service delivered at the station. Assist ASM in ERP (Emergency Response Planning) and other related tasks.
Duty Manager Operations – Suntec Convention and Exhibition Centre
December 2019 – September 2020, Singapore
- Oversee events and liaise closely with internal and external service and products providers to deliver a memorable experience to our guests
- Foster a good rapport and maintain a strong working relationship with long term customers, and work closely with different departments to enhance the guest’s service experience within the Centre
- Perform pre-event inspections and ensure safety and security regulations are observed and event set up done as per the Service Level Agreement. Activate relevant operational division (housekeeping, security, stewarding, etc.) and work together to solve any event related issue or meet last minute guest requirements, making sure service and products are delivered safely and to the highest standards
- Ensure mandatory regular reports are raised on a daily basis and submitted to concerned departments; Investigate any irregularities and prepare and send detailed report to relevant departments for future assessment, making sure any issues highlighted are followed through with management
- Work proactively with internal service providers to continuously optimize processes and procedures, providing a balance between customer satisfaction and effective business management
Duty Manager Airport Operations, Other Airlines Division – Etihad Airways
June 2015 – January 2016/March 2017- June 2018, Abu Dhabi International Airport
January 2016 – March 2017, Changi International Airport, Singapore
- Represent Etihad Ground Handling Agent in relations to customer airlines, ensure products and services delivered to highest standard and in accordance to agreed Service Level Agreements
- Build and maintain a good relationship with the client airlines, airport authority and suppliers and ensure products and services are delivered effectively and within standards
- Manage all day-to-day operational issues, including check in, boarding, safety and security, disruption handling and service recovery in accordance with corporate procedures
- Monitor and guide Etihad and Ground Handling staff, making sure they provide the highest level of customer service and give performance feedback
- Maintain a good and open communication with relevant departments at the Hub (Guest Response, Baggage Services, Business Solutions, etc.) and Outstations and work together to solve problems related to passenger and aircraft handling
- Investigate guest complaints and prepare and send detailed report to relevant departments for further assessment; ensure mandatory regular and irregular reports are raised on daily basis and submitted to concerned departments
- Manage projects related to the review and renewal of processes and procedures.
- Promote synergies in order to phase out obsolete systems and repetitive practices.
- Analyze and interpret punctuality and performance data for outstations,
- Participate in Global Safety Surveillance inspections of Hub safety and compliance Global Airports
Graduate Manager Airport Operations, Internal International Talent – Etihad Airways
January 2014 – June 2015
- Attend trainings courses including IATA accredited modules, self-management skills, department rotations
- Complete comprehensive on the job training in Airport Operations at the Hub and outstation
Inflight Food and Beverage Manager – Etihad Airways
December 2010 - January 2014
- Manage and lead the team to ensure that onboard service standards and delivery matches the level of Etihad standards in Business Class
- Adhere to all company policies and company issued manuals; ensure all safety procedures are followed according to GCAA Regulations and that a safe cabin environment is maintained
- Attend mandatory trainings in Safety & Emergency Procedures, Aviation Security and First Aid and related yearly recurrent
- Monitor guest satisfaction with catering products and provide feedback via report writing
- Oversee the catering loading and food quality in Business Class; communicate any issues to the Catering supervisor in a timely manner
- Measure Cabin Crew member’s inflight performance and record it consistently via iReview forms; ensure yearly objectives are observed and give constructive and effective feedback to Cabin Crew members
Master Diploma in Advertising and Communications - The London College UCK
- Advertising and Promotion Strategy
- Consumer Psychology and Behavior
Bachelor Degree - University of Bucharest the Faculty of Foreign Languages
- French Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Italian Language
Professionals in the same Tourism / Travel / Hospitality sector as Marius Loghin
Professionals from different sectors near Singapore
Jobs near Singapore
MORGAN MCKINLEY PTE. LTD. Singapore
Roles & Responsibilities · Our client is a Multinational Social Media Company. They are looking for experienced professionals to join the APAC Finance team. The ideal candidate will be able to work we ...
Fenix One Pte. Ltd. Singapore Full time $60,000 - $100,000 per year
Summary / Purpose of Position: · Collaborate with traders and researchers to design, develop, test, and support proprietary trading platform to capture opportunities in electronic capital markets. · E ...
Dynamic Human Capital Pte. Ltd. Singapore Full time $80,000 - $120,000 per year
Role and responsibilities · . Responsible in establishing strategy for DevOps & Digital Quality Assurance. · . In charge of developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluateing QA methodologies and s ...