About Sakinah Safiee:
I am a Sociology undergraduate with a minor in Philosophy and a Diploma with Merit in Media and Communications. With excellent skills in qualitative research, my focus lies on urban cities, race, gender and social class inequality. I am an experienced leader, having held various positions, including the Chairperson of the university's volunteering group for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities. These leadership roles honed my communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills. My critical thinking skills, coupled with my expertise in qualitative research, make me an invaluable addition to any team. I am eager to use my knowledge and skills to make a meaningful difference in people's lives through my career.
Association of Women for Action and Research (AWARE) Feb 2022 – Aug 2022
Media and Communications
- Gained proficiency in writing, proofreading, research, graphic design, video-editing, note-taking, and the development of social media strategy for AWARE’s advocacy initiatives.
- Supported the launch of major research report on single-mother families and their access to housing; the publication and launch of an anthology book of personal essays by Indian women and a dialogue session with elderly women on their experiences and daily challenges.
- Analysed data of technology-facilitated sexual/domestic violence cases seen by AWARE in 2021.
BEDANDBASICS.SG Jun 2019 – July 2020
- Collaborated with the brand’s designer to execute data-driven festive sale campaigns (CNY, 10.10, 11 etc.).
- Improved site’s performance by utilising SEO strategies for all product copywriting.
- Crafted the brand’s SOP for all marketing campaigns and the brand guidebook for all social media platforms
- Managed and created all content for the brand’s social media platforms (e.g. Facebook Business Suite, Instagram, Google MyBusiness and Blog).
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore Aug 2020 - 2024
Bachelor of Social Science (Honors), Sociology
Academic Summer Exchange: Seoul National University Jun 2023 - Jul 2023
- Course taken: Exploring Challenging Sociocultural Issues through Graphic Novels
URECA Undergraduate Research Program Aug 2021 – July 2022
NTU President Research Scholar
- Problem statement: How does Chinese Privilege, as an analytical lens, useful in examining the ways opportunities and resources are distributed in Singapore’s education system?
- Awarded the Certificate of Distinction and participation in Global Undergraduate Awards 2023
- Contributed a nuanced exemplification of Chinese Privilege in the Primary School Registration Process through Bourdieu’s concepts of field, capital, and habitus.
Professionals in the same Arts / Entertainment / Publishing sector as Sakinah Safiee
Professionals from different sectors near Singapore
Other users who are called Sakinah
Jobs near Singapore
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd Singapore Full time $60,000 - $120,000 per year
An exciting Software Engineer (Java/50% Travelling) job has become available at a technology consulting company in Singapore. · About the Software Engineer (Java/50% Travelling) Role: · In this busin ...
Dynamic Human Capital Pte Ltd Singapore Freelance
Position: Cargo OfficerResponsibilities:Manage cargo operations and documentation. · To safeguard the product quality and quantity. · Ensure all cargo loading, ex-bunker delivery, blending operation a ...
OCBC Singapore Full time
The RPM Department Finance & Planning Officer will be given opportunities to: Be involved in developing strategic initiatives and supporting the budgeting process for the department · Coordinate depa ...