This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
I have been working with Singapore Telecom Ltd. which operates as a subsidiary of Singapore PowerGrid Ltd. for 4 years, WSH Experts Ltd for a year, Welltech Construction for 7 months and currently working with Engie Services. My performance throughout my career years has always been consistent and I have been assigned roles which I excel in. I have an excellent level of technical, decision making and safety-first mindset. I am a person with perseverance and willing to learn attitude.
Singapore Polytechnic (August 2021 – September 2021)
- Environmental Control Officer (ECO)
NTUC LearningHub (June 2021 – September 2021)
- WSQ Advance Certificate in Workplace Safety and Health (Level B) (Safety Coordinator)
NTUC LearningHub (Oct 2020 – May 2021)
- WSQ Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health (Level C) (Safety Officer)
- Diploma in Engineering (Aviation Management)
ITE College East (Simei)
- Higher NITEC in Electrical Engineering
September 2021 – Current
Engie Services – EHS Coordinator
1. Safety Induction Course
• Conduct safety induction course for all/ new staff and all contractors under ENGIE including refreshers
• Ensure new staff have been briefed on the SIC prior to commencement of work (can also be done by site personnel)
2. Risk Assessments
• Ensure RAs and RA register for sites are updated and briefed annually.
• Ensure new staff is briefed on the RA
• Keep proper record of RAs, RA register and attendance sheets
• Review RA yearly and as and when necessary
• Recommend safety measures, safe work procedures and environmental matters
3. Document Controller
• To minimize the no. of “Documents and Records” observations/ findings
• To ensure proper documentations at site
• Conduct checks on documentation and site personnel follow up on findings
4. Site Inspections/ Audits
• Plan and lead safety site walks and site inspections; and ensure the respective teams follow up with corrective action
• Plan and conduct checks on M&E rooms/ airside/ works/ store/ PPE/ tools & equipment
5. Communication & Capability Building
• Disseminate information from HQ on safety updates, incident sharing and/or new initiatives
• Conduct safety briefings in toolbox meetings
• Assist team in the identification and/or clarification on safety related matters and advice on hazards or control measures
• Review and identify safety competency training for site staff (training related to safety)
• Organising EHS outreach activities and promotional programmes for ENGIE site staff
6. Incident Management & Reporting
• Conduct incident investigations
• Prepare incident investigation reports including recommending disciplinary action in the event of safety violations
• Reporting on HIPO and near misses
• Reporting on monthly EHS Statistics
• Prepare and conduct EHS cluster meetings and related information/ reports/ presentation slides
• Any other assigned tasks or duties, from time to time
April 2021 – September 2021
Welltech Construction – Assistant WSHO (HDB Project)
- Assist WSHO to implement, maintain and update of Safety and Health Management System e.g., RA, SWP, PTW, safety related documentation and records etc.
- Assist WSHO to review Fall Prevention Plan, Lifting Plan, Traffic Management Plan, Emergency Preparedness Plan, RA and SWP
- Assist WSHO for EHS promotion and trainings to all workers and colleagues for greater awareness and culture.
- Assist WSHO in investigation, handling, reporting and liaising with relevant parties for any incident, accident, dangerous occurrence, occupational disease or EHS noncompliance that occurred within the workplace. And recommend corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- Assist WSHO in workplace safety and health committee, to promote co-operation between management and employees in achieving and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions.
- Supervision, planning and managing of all site safety related matters, activities, issues and problems.
- Conducting of safety induction course for new staffs, sub-contractors and workers.
- Conducting of safety training, safety demonstration and toolbox meetings with emphasis on environmental, health and safety aspects.
- Coordinate and liaise with sub-contractors' WSHC / Safety Supervisors on site EHS issues.
- Carry out inspection, examining machinery and equipment, level of noise, heat or harmful or hazardous substances in the workplace.
- Carry out daily inspection to ensure all works are carried out in a safe manner through elimination of unsafe acts and unsafe conditions on site.
- Ensure full compliance to all statutory safety requirements such as those pertaining to work platforms, gondolas, scaffolds and the maintenance and certification of all machinery and equipment on site.
- Enforce and ensure all safety rules and regulations are complied.
- Attend to all feedbacks on irregularities relevant to environmental, health and safety at site and recommend measures to rectify such irregularities.
- To assume the role of safety assessor In the Permit-To-Work (PTW) system.
- To lead, allocate, assign adequate resources and safety workers to execute all safety provisions or rectify all unsafe conditions effectively.
- To lead a team of Safety Supervisors / Safety Workers to control and manage EHS issues. And coordinate the whole site safety setup and routine works.
- To guide and train newly employed Safety Supervisor on their job scope.
- Providing advice to the project teams on EHS matters.
- To work closely with project team to ensure that Health and Safety on site is well taken care of.
March 2020 – March 2021
WSH Experts (PUB Managing Agent) – Assistant Engineer
Reason for leaving: Contract Ended
- Investigation of water accounts with anomalous meter readings.
- Carry out physical inspection of the meter condition
- Record relevant meter site information, for example, whether the meter valve is exposed and/or accessible, if there is any obstruction and potential safety hazard at the meter position.
- Interview customer to establish the facts that may contribute to the anomalous readings.
- For households, inspect the premises for visible leaks, with the permission from the occupier and complete a checklist that will be provided by PUB
- Supervise contractors in changing, cut off and installation of water meter at customer premises.
- Ensure that contractors follow PUB guideline, complies/conform with law such as Workplace Safety & Health Act and its subsidiary legislations, ACOPs, using of proper PPE and equipment when installing of water meter and proper housekeeping after and during installation of water meter.
- Prepare daily summary report of the case(s) attended and to submit the report to the Board at the end of the working day.
May 2012 – May 2016
Singapore PowerGrid (SP Telecom Ltd.) – Technician cum Safety Supervisor
Reason for leaving: Perusing Diploma in Engineering (Aviation Management)
- Supervise and checks contractors’ works to ensure compliance to specifications.
- Issue materials and work orders, check contractors’ claims for work done and prepare completion certificates.
- Attend daily access for installation, maintenance, diversion, laying of pipe, duct laying, excavation and milling and patching work etc.
- Monitor and inspect work sites to ensure that safe work practices are carried out in all work operations.
- Conduct toolbox meeting before start of work.
- Supervise the installation of mobile equipment, erection of pole for antennas for maximum coverage, installing brackets, cable routing for cable ladder, RF cables and electrical wiring.
- Supervise cable detection to locate and mark out all power cables around the site.
- Coordinate and supervise contractors to carry out excavation work for tapping of power supply, laying of pipe, duct laying, splicing, road works, road diversion and installation of mobile operators BTS.
- Attend to 24x7 standby support to customer’s alarm/ fault/ equipment access activation.
- Carry out routine check on site and advice services agencies that carry out any earthwork to comply with all requirements for the prevention of duct/live cable/PUB pipe.
- Liaise with relevant authorities regarding wayleave for pipe/duct installation.
- Supervise maintenance work of buildings and equipment room, i.e servicing or replacement of aircon, electrical work, installation and servicing of FM200, installation and servicing of fire alarm system.
- Assist senior officer in calling VQ for fire alarm, gas detection, aircon servicing.
- Ensure all maintenance works are carried out according to the maintenance programs and procedures.
- Assist in the submission of new proposed site, electrical and structural drawings to management for approval.
- Conduct proper handling/taking over of substation before/after commencement of work.
- Collect all emails and faxes to provide daily access for Telcos (Starhub, Singtel, M1).
- Request personal particulars of all Telcos staff, contractors and vendors for clearance by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- Compile all approved name list by MHA for section’s referral.