About Reuben Ong:
3 years experience in banking in the field of AML/KYC
KYC Specialist Apr 2022 – Present
DBS Bank Singapore
IBG-COO Corporate CORE Team, Institutional Banking Group
- Perform trigger event CDD reviews for corporate customers.
- Review trigger reason(s) and recommend retaining or exiting relationship through the provision of relevant justifications.
- Conduct transaction review to identify deviations in expected and actual transactions. Assessing whether transactions are in-line with the business nature and purpose of account.
- Liaise with customers for due diligence queries and to obtain the necessary documentations.
- Recommend the appropriate risk rating by taking various material factors into consideration such as the severity of adverse news/STR/sanctions exposure.
- Establish and corroborate the source of wealth for high-risk customers, politically exposed customers and private investment companies.
- Perform name screening and public domain searches. Address hits and adverse news accordingly.
- Filing of UAE upon uncovering suspicious activity.
Business Risk and Compliance Executive Aug 2020 – Apr 2022
RHB Bank Singapore
- Perform KYC and Due Diligence (CDD & Enhanced Due Diligence) on bank customers (both individuals and corporates).
- Conduct Risk Profiling of the customer to determine the ML/TF and Sanctions Risk exposure to the bank.
- Perform periodic EDD reviews and also assist to review onboarding EDD submissions from RMs.
- Conduct transaction review as part of client review process, and to identify any anomalies in trends, patterns and behaviour.
- Establish and corroborate the Source of wealth for high-risk customers.
- Unwrapping the control and ownership structure of a corporate customer.
- Collect necessary supporting documentation to facilitate EDD and transaction reviews.
- Work closely with Business Unit, RMs and sales staff to complete EDD obligations of their clients.
- Conduct name screening and address any hits generated such as adverse news or PEP hits accordingly.
- File suspicious transaction reports within stipulated timeline upon uncovering potential suspicious activity/behaviour.
Administrative Executive Nov 2019 – Mar 2020
Tokio Marine Life Insurance
I worked in the New Business Department where new insurance policies are received, underwritten and dispatched.
- Financial Underwriting – Conducting risk assessments and assessing whether to accept or reject an insurance policy based on the financial standing of the policyholder and company guidelines.
- Data Entry – Upon receiving the insurance policies, details of policyholders are entered into the system and subjected to compliance checks before being underwritten.
- Liaising with Business Development Managers who act as a point of contact with the Financial Agents.
- Compiling a list of required information for underwriting that had been omitted by the policyholder and forwarding it to the underwriting support personnel.
- Policy checking – Ensuring that details of the policies are accurately printed on the policy document before they are dispatched to the policyholders.
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (SIM)
Bachelor of Business (Management) with Economics and Finance
Professionals in the same Banking / Loans sector as Reuben Ong
Professionals from different sectors near Singapore
Other users who are called Reuben
Jobs near Singapore
SHIMANO (SINGAPORE) PRIVATE LIMITED Singapore
Roles & Responsibilities · Job Responsibilities: · Perform tool design for Bike Product and Fishing Reel. · Follow up on outcome of the designed parts and execute the necessary modification to meet cu ...
The Edge Partnership, EA Licence No: 16S8131 Singapore Full time
Some of the key responsibilities will include: · Partner closely with business leaders on diagnosing business requirements and identifying learning interventions to address individual and organsiation ...
Deloitte SEA Singapore
What impact will you make? · At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and society ...