This professional is in active search of jobsengineering Freelancer
Dynamic Executive with more than ten years of experience spearheading learning innovation programmes and supporting organisations to reach their full potential. Adept at making critical decisions and working with other professionals to achieve goals and solve problems. Experienced in managing employee and community programmes, and dedicated to successfully directing business operations.
Doctor of Education, The University of Western Australia, Australia
The focus of my doctoral dissertation is on managing the implementation of curriculum innovation and reform. The insights and skills gained from my doctorate put me in good stead for an exciting career in spearheading sustainable innovation in several organisations.
Master of Business Administration (MBA), University of Hull, United Kingdom
This is an MBA programme that enables me to focus on strategic marketing as my final research project. The insights gained from the master's degree coupled with my business experience put me in good stead in designing innovation and entrepreneurship programmes for several educational institutions.
Post Graduate Diploma in Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
This postgraduate diploma in education provided the foundation for me to build my professional capability in education.
Bachelor of Science (BSc), National University of Singapore, Singapore
The double major in Physics and a minor in Computer Programming Application
provided the fundamental capability for learning and leveraging emerging
technologies for innovations.
Head, Centre for Innovation in Learning, National Institute of Education, Singapore
Leading a team of 20 learning specialists in driving innovation in learning at an institution with more than 300 academic staff and 4000 students. Accountable for the strategic direction, execution, and development of learning innovation projects, including learning design, learning technologies, application development, and digital media development.
• Lead pedagogical leaders in ideation, innovation and solving learning problems for more than 500 courses and drive pedagogical development and innovation initiatives at NIE.
• Guide NIE’s Teaching and Learning Committee in approving innovation grants of up to $1 million per year focusing on blended learning, mobile learning, AI in Education (AIEd), Internet of Things (IoT) and VR/AR.
• Directed the execution of innovation projects by managing a wide network of learning technologies providers and various expertise. Drive the expansion of collaboration with strategic stakeholders such as MOE HQ and MOE schools, and the rest of the higher education sector.
• Lead in establishing strategic partnerships with local and global technology companies such as Google, Microsoft and Apple as well as local learning technology companies, including start-ups in developing learning solutions.
• Collaborate with IMDA in leveraging IoT and Big Data in creating innovative learning solutions
• Work with government agencies and organisations such as IE Singapore and Eduspaze in mentoring learning technology start-ups.
Assistant Director, Republic Polytechnic, Singapore
Directed a team of fourteen instructional designers and educational technologists to facilitate more than 80 diploma programmes in a cross-functional, matrix organisation
• Led a team of twelve across seven schools in Republic Polytechnic in redesigning that a $13 million Learning Management System that serves 1000 staff and 15000 students.
• Collaborated with IMDA in mentoring and guiding Edutech start-ups, including Coursepad
• Designed, enrolled and implemented mobile learning for mentorship programme Supply Chain & Logistics, Hotel and Biomedical industries as part of the SkillsFuture programme
• Spearheaded the strategic development of e-learning in Republic Polytechnic; authored progressive e-learning policies and practices for 1,000 lecturers and 15,000 students
• Led a joint-polytechnic team in designing the pedagogical framework and functional specifications of Polymall, a $20 million cloud-based Learning Management System (LMS) that serves more than 5,000 lecturers and 70,000 students across five polytechnics.