Wen Jun Lim
About Wen Jun Lim:
Summary: A seasoned marketing manager with 15 years of experience in the commodity industry, specializing in palm oil trading and hedging. Skilled in managing destination markets such as Europe, China, Pakistan, and Japan.
After working in the corporate world for many years, I decided to take a break and focus on my family. I have two young kids who are my pride and joy. I am passionate about teaching and mentoring the next generation of leaders. That’s why I am looking for a part-time opportunity to share my knowledge and experience with others.
Marketing Manager, AAA Oils & Fats Pte Ltd, 2016 - 2021
- Responsible for marketing and selling bulk shipments of palm oil to various destination markets
- Negotiated contracts and prices with customers and suppliers
- Monitored market trends and executed hedging strategies to minimize risks and maximize profits
- Managed a team of marketing executives and coordinators
- Achieved annual sales targets and increased market share
Marketing Manager, Golden Agri Resources Pte Ltd, 2012 - 2016
- Performed similar duties as above for one of the largest palm oil producers in the world
- Developed and implemented marketing plans and campaigns for new and existing products
- Established and maintained strong relationships with key accounts and stakeholders
- Conducted market research and analysis to identify opportunities and challenges
- Coordinated with other departments such as logistics, finance, and quality control to ensure smooth operations
Trade Support, ED&F Man Asia Pte Ltd, 2011 - 2012
- Provided administrative and operational support to the trading team
- Handled trade documentation and settlement processes
- Liaised with customers, suppliers, banks, and shipping agents
- Ensured compliance with trade regulations and policies
Purchaser, PGEO Edible Oils Sdn Bhd, 2007 - 2011
- Sourced and procured raw materials and supplies for the edible oil refinery
- Evaluated and compared quotations from different vendors
- Prepared purchase orders and invoices
Followed up on delivery status and quality issues
-Proficient in Microsoft Office, SAP, - Bloomberg, and other relevant software applications
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Fluent in English, Mandarin, and Malay
- Interacting/Teaching young children.
- Parent volunteer with a primary school in Sengkang
- Master of Business Administration, University Science of Malaysia, 2016
- Bachelor of Commerce, Deakin University Australia, 2007
Professionals who compete with Wen Jun
Professionals in the same Education / Training sector as Wen Jun Lim
Professionals from different sectors near Singapore
Other users who are called Wen Jun
Jobs near Singapore
TRIBAL WORLDWIDE PTE. LTD. Singapore Full time $80,000 - $120,000 per year
Scope: · The Senior Account Executive is responsible for the coordination of advertising campaigns and communicating clearly to all who are involved. This includes managing administrative and campaign ...
TeacherOn Singapore Part time
I have a certain doubt in some of the statistics and probability questions from past year papers. And I need help in solving it. · Level: · Expert · Gender Preference: · None · Meeting options: · Avai ...
DSV Solutions Pte. Ltd. Singapore Freelance
Oversee daily duties of employees to ensure that quality standards are being met and proper procedures are being followed · Give guidance to employees in handling errors, problems, complaints and/or d ...